View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Dimer
Track Member

Drives: 2010 PW 370z
The Dimer has a spectacular aura aboutThe Dimer has a spectacular aura about
Default Difference in Camber Kits

I'm looking to drop my Z after the snow melts and in my search for parts I've come upon something that I can't seem to figure out concerning different camber kits available for our cars (SPC, SPL, and Kinetix to be specific).

When looking at front camber kits there appears to only be one design available, the ones from SPC and Kinetix. I know the SPC allows for caster adjustment and the Kinetix doesn't (which I've read should be a non-issue for the average person) and that some people were having problems with the SPC arms slipping (which I read they fixed) but they are basically the same design.

The big difference in kits can be seen in the rear. The SPC kit has rear camber arms that have a bend in them to adjust rear camber and rear camber cam bolts for adjusting more camber as well as toe. The Kinetix and SPL kits on the other hand utilize straight rear camber arms to adjust rear camber and traction arms to "fine tune the rear suspension and allow slight adjustment of rear toe."

My question is given these two different approaches to rear alignment, which set-up is better? Or more so, how do they function differently from one another to complete the same task from a technical stand point. Can one setup really be considered better than the other or do they simply offer different pros and cons?

I've found some threads asking which camber kit is best and the general consensus I've been finding is that people say go with SPC. Now that's all fine and dandy if that really is the way to go, but the problem is that I haven't seen a post where anyone explains why. Is the camber arm and bolt better than the camber arm and traction arm?
The Dimer is offline   Reply With Quote