View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 06:56 AM   #86 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrrhus17 View Post
Thanks Looks like I was told some wrong info . Its a liTtle bit hotter here than in the Ne but its great to know my oil cooler wont work for the auto X ( I wasn't really all that worried its more for open track days . I dont really know who sells a oil to water oil cooler are they more efficient ? Thanks a bunch I will never go FI if it means only draging on the on ramps and the strip (seems pointless) fun but pointless .I though FI would or could give you a real performance bump but the cost in many was looks to be to high . P.S. how is the car on the track by the by any brake problems ? how did you solve those ? again thanks for the info Patrick
I don't know of any good turn-key oil to water kits at the moment outside of race car builds so probably just best to stick to the oil to air. For auto-x you'll be fine as you usually have enough cool down time between runs. If it gets really hot between runs just spray a little water on the oil cooler to help it out. It will work much better on the race track as there will be constant airflow. If you are going to be doing a lot of track events then go big, 34R cooler. For casual track days the 25R will be adequate.

For the brakes the number 1 thing is full track pads and high temp fluid. Don't mess around with hybrid pads. For me the only pads that have fully performed to expectations at the high temperatures have been sintered pads such as those from CL Brakes and Performance Friction. As a bonus there are no bed-in issues to worry about. Changing out the brake lines is a good piece of mind as well and can help improve pedal feel when things get hot.