View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 11:24 PM   #22 (permalink)
edeeZee
Track Member

Drives: 09 370z plat 6 speed
edeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuszNissan View Post
Here is what I can tell you, if you feel like you got a good deal, and feel like you can trust the person you are working with and the dealership your at, then do the deal. But with the way the economy is I am selling Z's at invoice so I don't have to floor them and get my turns up so I recieve credits on my floor and recieve credits on my co-op. That is probably more than you need to know.
Hey, your 370's move quickly, thus you don't need to floor them. I understand the economy is slow, thus you gotta wheel 'n deal. But when there's all this hearsay about 370's blowing out at or below invoice, then the seed will be planted in everyone's head, especially on this site, that 370's are as common and easy to steal as loss leaders--this is not true.

C'mon, how many times did your dealer do the bait and switch w/ the loss leaders? And let's be honest, I worked at a few stores where they straight out lied about the loss leader already being "sold." A Ford store I worked at got caught when some customer who had suspicions called the DMV on when de facto it wasn't.

When I worked @ Penske Chevy/Cadillac (now it's Massey Chevy/Cadillac in Downey,CA), this guy came in wanting a new C5 Vette. The sticker was like $46,000 then. He wanted $500 + invoice, and he had his preapproval from the credit union. My sales manager politely told him that Vettes sell @ sticker, and nothing less. The guy complained and said a nearby Chevy dealer would do it. Then my salesmanager said, "Ok, then buy, it's a good deal." This same jack-off visited our store several times sporadically throughout the year--too good to be true.

In Los Angeles, they won't whore out 370's. I got mine for $2,000 below MSRP and was HAPPY! They tried to do the hackneyed but non-existent "Scotch guard plan" that added $20/month to my 48 mo. contract, but I asked, "what is this extra $960 you're charging me for?" I got a 800+ Experian, 2 paid off autos, student loans, etc. I'm with B of A @ 5.9% for 48 months, but I'm gonna switch to my credit union at 3.9% (unless this offer expires).
edeeZee is offline   Reply With Quote