View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
dalcarfan821
Base Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z BS M6
dalcarfan821 is on a distinguished road
Default Weird problem...can't replicate

Hey guys,

2011 non-nav w/ backup camera here. This morning, I pulled out of the garage and looked up to find my rearview monitor was not displaying an image, and the HomeLink light (the one that flashes when I press the garage door button on the mirror) was displaying a solid reddish (looked like it was the red and green LEDs lit simultaneously).

I took it out of reverse, killed the ignition, and waited a few seconds. Started it up again, plug it in reverse and still no image. As soon as I would take it from reverse and place it into neutral or a forward gear, the light would go off--so, that tells me that the connection is working (at least, I think so...LOL).

I got out of the car and let it sit for about ten minutes and when I got back in and tried all of this again, everything worked fine. It's been through several other stop/start cycles this morning as a result of errands I had to run, and I can't seem to replicate the issue.

It's about 40 degrees and the car is garaged. The only thing I can think of is that maybe it's because it was cold, but it's been cooler than it was this morning and I've never had a problem before.

Ideally, I'd be able to find a guide somewhere on the web that tells me what those LED color codes mean. I've searched the web and haven't found anything.

This ever happen to anyone else, or does anyone have some thoughts on what that was all about?

Appreciate your time.
dalcarfan821 is offline   Reply With Quote