View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #26 (permalink)
pyrrhus17
Base Member

Drives: xterra
pyrrhus17 is on a distinguished road

I will probably get kicked off of here but I will say this anyway . I love my car! When I am driving I feel like James Bond. However , I feel that the 370z is the red headed step child of Nissan . We get an under performing package (by that I mean all the little niggles like overheating ,brake freeze ,fuel starvation,etc.) Which when compared to other competative cars are not that bad .It only took Nissan 3 years to have the Z come stock with an oil cooler (the 2012 z ) while the F--- juke-r gets a GTR engine in one year of its release . Great ,thats what I want is to have a car that looks great but is the slowest thing on the block . Dont get me wrong I love my Z but I feel that we are getting the short end of the stick here. I am sick of making the argument that we have all that superior handling ability (which we do), but it makes me feel like I bought a more expensive Miata (at least their FI options are cheaper). I just got back from watching SCCA auto cross event and was told that its too bad I bought a 2011 Z because my oil cooler will put me in the street mod class and a 2012 model includes the oil cooler but will be in stock class . My choice is ,to mod into FI (get a turbo /supercharger etc) or dump the car and choose another to compete with . This is about 50% of the reason why I bought the car to do track days and autocross . Well its a great excuse to get a GTM TT (LOL). Which is what I plan on doing ! Perhaps in 10years Nissan will give the Z its own turbo LOL! .
Over all, the one disappointing factor that bugs me most, I want ,need just a little more POWER ! 400hp/400 tq would be a great balance not the badass V8 muscle car on the block but devilishly quick like japanese TVR . So in the end love her or leave her but if you stay Build her into what she is suposed to be ..........Great

This car with all its minor faults is still great I just wish Nissan could see that as much as the people that love here do.
pyrrhus17 is offline   Reply With Quote