View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 09:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_ealot View Post
on a side note my 2011 oddly enough has never seen above 240 and thats even pushing it through ortega canyon which makes me wonder if nissan perhaps added the oil coolers to the late build 2011 Z's or if they retuned the engine in some way. I am at just a little over 11k on the odometer myself in case anyone is wondering (yes i know alot of miles, but i love driving my baby )
Funny how these posts are running concurrent with my individual situations. My 09 was flawless and my engine temps never ran passed 240 degrees once I. K&N filtered and synthed the car. This car now, which is an 11; with mild aggressive driving gets hot quick. Filters and synth has helped some but still gets hotter than my 09.
It seems the '12's are going to hit or miss as all Z's do regardless of the cooler. The 34 row NISMO cooler with thermostatic blocking plate seems like the only logical solution to this issue. Nissan I guess was looking for a cheaper solution and got cheaper results?
Break in could have an effect? But, at 55 degrees, temps seems a little extreme for the overall situation.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote