View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 07:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
37Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z MB 6M -sold
37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sound Deading Door Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat C. View Post
Am seriously thinking about upgrading my Base car's head unit with one of these Kenwood double-din units. At this time, I'm in the final stages of Dynamatting my front doors (send a PM if you want to know about doing it right) and have already decided I'd like to go 1 step up with audio quality. Wish I had deep enough pockets to go with a head unit that has Bluetooth, but am unable to dish out at least 1 grand on this upgrade. Already been talking with a local shop about door speakers and feel comfortable with Boston's 6.5" units for this.
Just wanting to see if anyone else has this Kenwood in their 370 and would you go that route again. Crutchfield has these for $200 including mounting kits and free shipping...Hard to pass up...
Thanks in advance!!
Pat
Check out SlikNik's and my tips on the "install" sticky above on this site. Get a plastic panel removal tool, watch his vid, read my tips, and go to work removing the door panels. Best to add sound deading and sound absorption material (I use SecondSkin's stuff). Add a sound deflector material located behind the speaker on the inside of the outer door panel skin. This will improve the sound somewhat of the speakers.
37Z is offline   Reply With Quote