View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
roplusbee
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2007 350Z NISMO
roplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to roplusbee Send a message via Yahoo to roplusbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Z View Post
I'm not sure of the amp you have; but typically styrofoam next to heat sinks on an amp is not good for the amp. Make sure the heat sinks are properly vented so the amp does not go into protection mode.

Their are 2 large blots that come up through the floor in the "foam piece" area of the hatch. Alternatively, you can add a nut to the large bolt that comes up through the floor to bolt down the amp rack. I just dynamat in the amp rack so it can not move. My amp rack and sub box covers the foam piece. I will add pics later.
Understood. The styrofoam was at the bottom of the amp so that I could keep it in place. I have the JL HD900/5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Fan2000 View Post
bump for pics.
2007 350Z NISMO #0618: Zerolift | UPREV | F.I. | Greddy | Competition Clutch | Injector Dynamics | Aeromotive | Pioneer | JL
roplusbee is offline   Reply With Quote