View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 09:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
nicknick
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Mazda mx5 2007 6sp m
nicknick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomez View Post
I have decided to write a review of my 370Z after seeing many posts asking to give pros and cons on the car. Hopefully it will either help turn you away from buying or it will encourage you to buy.

First of all I am reviewing a 370Z Touring with AT and every option available. Some things may or may not apply to even 6SP version with the same options. I have had it for 4 months and put on 8k miles which include long distance trips.

Cons first:
- Rear tires with sport package make a lot of road noise
- Huge blind spot on driver side
- Massive side mirrors to compensate for blind spot but create even more obstruction even for someone who is over 6’ tall
- It does not have 1 mph cruise control
- The speedometer will travel +/- 4mph while cruise control is engaged depending on terrain
- There is a major city in my state that voice recognition with navigation will not recognize no matter what (if there’s one, there must be more)
- No USB input on the deck, only compact flash card
- Stock exhaust should be a bit louder
- Remote key buttons are huge, plastic, not sufficiently indented and get pushed accidentally in my pocket all the time
- The gas pedal is too big (bus big)

Pros:
- Fun to drive
- It is fast and has a lot of grip
- The brakes with sport package are amazingly smooth and effective
- The manual mode of the AT works very well and has no slip from 2nd gear and up
- AT feels like manual but without the annoying clutch
- AT has rev match feature
- It has a luxurious feel for a change from 350Z
- The cabin actually eliminates a lot of outside noise (but not enough from rear tires)
- Gas pedal has been adjusted so that you can actually maintain speed, encourages gentle driving during low revs
- I’ve had better than advertised gas mileage when driving normally (3-5 mpg better than 350Z), during aggressive driving it’s much worse than 350Z
- Smoother ride than 350Z even with sport package
- I actually like the loud engine at high revs
- 19” Rays with sport package look great
- I like the rear wing with AD package
- Remote keys work from much greater distance than 350Z
- Leather seats are sticky so there is no slipping during cornering
- Leather seats will not make you sweat any more than cloth

Issues other reported but I haven’t experienced:
- Oil overheating - I have not ever reached 230 degrees even in 110 degree temperatures and 100% humidity
- I do not have any rattling noises so far
- I do not have an “oil consumption” problem so far
- No brake issues
- In fact there are no known problems so far

In conclusion, this car is either so beautiful that people can’t get enough or is so ugly that people can’t look away.
Hmm, I would ay more people are probably having ownership experiences like you. The ones, GENERALLY speaking, that are having problems, are probably abusing their cars, too much testosterone in their systems. LOL
nicknick is offline   Reply With Quote