View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 01:12 PM   #469 (permalink)
tranceformer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 370Z PW 6MT
tranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpByCoop View Post
Isn't this classic. I've been through this so many times. We'd LIKE to think the quicker ET's will just show up at the booth, but, it rarely happens that way. In fact.....
"practice makes perfect"

"if it was easy everyone would do it"

As I said earlier the biggest hurdle was figuring out the sweet spot for launching the new setup. That probably took me 20 passes to figure it out. But even with good launches it didn't feel right with the 4.08's - felt like I was shifting too early. And after the dyno tune session... it turns out the tach was off and I was shifting too early!

Good, consistent times will come soon enough. I just need some more passes to figure out how to get it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpByCoop View Post
Great work for such a sleeper. Really fast.

Coop
Thanks!

I just went out to the car and put black electrical tape over the HPS sticker on the post MAF tubes. Might even change the T-bolt clamps to something less conspicuous (as someone suggested to me). Still got the stock muffler and midpipe on there too.
tranceformer is offline   Reply With Quote