View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
Dustin@Z1
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: NLA
Dustin@Z1 is a jewel in the roughDustin@Z1 is a jewel in the roughDustin@Z1 is a jewel in the rough

Since the 2012 setup has been used for the past few years in other markets (Austrailia & the Middle East specifically), we have sold numerous Z1 Motorsports Oil Cooler Kits to 370Z owners with the factory Oil-Water type coolers installed. I have some pictures available and I believe there are some posted here on the370Z.com as well for more info.

Almost all 370Z Oil Cooler kits on the market (including our own) will work with the 2012 models without any issues. The ONLY model that will NOT WORK from what I can tell, based on their design, will be the Nissan Motorsports kits. The Stillen kits MAY NOT work, I am not 100% sure yet.

- Nissan Motorsports - The supplied oil cooler sandwich plate was designed to work in place of the factory Oil-to-water sandwich plate. Unless a supplement package is announced and released. 2012 owners who purchase the Nissan Motorsports Oil Cooler Kit will need to purchase an additional sandwich plate conversion kit similar to our Z1 Motorsports Oil Cooler Sandwich Plate Conversion Kit.
- Stillen - Stillen will have to confirm this. But since their supplied sandwich plate does not allow for a stock size Nissan Oil Filter, the contact area for their sandwich plate may not seal properly with the OEM Oil-to-Water sandwich plate installed. This is pure speculation.

There will be some additional creativity required to route the cooler lines do to the added spacing as a result of the factory cooler now being present. We will be updating our installation manual soon with an amendment for the 2012+ models.

Deleting the factory Water-oil Cooler is not advisable. I say keep it. This will help you with the colder oil temp issues that seem to plague most owners after installing a seperate oil-air oil cooler system.
Dustin@Z1 is offline   Reply With Quote