View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 08:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
37Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z MB 6M -sold
37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute
Default amp location/tie-down

Quote:
Originally Posted by roplusbee View Post
What did you use to secure it in the area where the foam piece used to be? I have been playing around with options in that area. I cut up a styrofoam lid and used that as a temp base to see how it fit and if it would move around. It worked out well, I just need to get some sort of mounting hardware worked out. Did you cover it or just leave it open under the hatch cover?
I'm not sure of the amp you have; but typically styrofoam next to heat sinks on an amp is not good for the amp. Make sure the heat sinks are properly vented so the amp does not go into protection mode.

Their are 2 large blots that come up through the floor in the "foam piece" area of the hatch. Alternatively, you can add a nut to the large bolt that comes up through the floor to bolt down the amp rack. I just dynamat in the amp rack so it can not move. My amp rack and sub box covers the foam piece. I will add pics later.
37Z is offline   Reply With Quote