View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Yea I saw this also being I came from a 350 to a 370. When installing my LSD this was pointed out to me being I was installing a LSD I had to order another axle stub to make it work on my base model. I found out that day that Nissan's uses different length and shaped stub axles in the various trims of 350 and 370 (being 370 base models have traction control on a open diff). So being we ordered another stub from most likely a 350 (not sure of this). But that stub that was ordered didn't have the threads in it. So on my car one side has ''nuts and bolts''.

Not sure of the bolt sized used (being basic bolt vs threaded) but they fit perfectly into the CV axles holes. It was also recommended that I might want to drill out the other side axle stub threads and put solid bolts in there for if I was going to be tracking (whichI do) the solid bolts are stronger and just the point of having axle stub with threads in them if they would hold up over time when tracking.