View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #78 (permalink)
SiRay6
Base Member

Drives: 12 370z Gunmetal 6MT
SiRay6 is on a distinguished road

First time officially using my Sea Sucker last night...sorry for poor quality cell phone pics...I just wanted to get unpacked and eat dinner :P

Pretty happy with it. Don't mind taking front tires off since I had to do it on my 08 Sti's roof rack set up anyways (subaru rails with Yakima fork lift). Mounting takes barely any time at all. Directions say to always clean the surface and moisten the cups and that is what I do. Always inspect the cups for nicks, cuts, damage before use and comes with plastic covers to protect cups when not in use. Also came with a spare cup and silicone lubricant in case I need to change the cup or disassemble pumps to re-lubricate gaskets.

Will most likely get an SUV of some sort in the next few years, but this works great for me now. Going to get another so my wife and I can ride together. Only downfall, cannot go riding unless I plan to head straight home because it is not safe to park and leave the mount/bike unattended.

I got a rear Thule gateway 2 to work on my Z, but it made so much wind noise, it annoyed me. Also the trunk lid would slightly open/close over bumps even though the hatch was locked shut. I would never consider a trunk mount again...too time consuming and potential for scratches/dents.

-Ray
SiRay6 is offline   Reply With Quote