View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
Sharif@Forged
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2009 GT-R, 2010 370Z
Sharif@Forged will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by urvokbm View Post
But $4,000 ???? Based on your driving experience can you elaborate on how this system is $3,000 better than most setups? It would have to corner like an F1 car and cruise like a Maybach for me to even consider spending that kind of cash.

Urvokbm, thank you for the question. The JRZ's are definitely geared towards the individual that does a dozen or more track days each year, but still daily drives the car on the street. JRZ used to only build dampers for professional motorsports applications and even today, all JRZ shocks are still manufactured in a small workshop in the Netherlands where each unit is built and assembled by hand. If you compare the top motorsport brands of dampers you will find that JRZ are priced very competitively.

Unlike a number of the entry level brands, our setup is designed 100% complete with aluminum CNC machined top hats front and rear, and a full true coilover for the rear, rather than an inboard spring with spindle mounted shock. We also include motorsport main springs and helper springs witih divider plates. We purchase the springs separately and the 8 springs (4 main 4 helper) we use are $750 alone. The full coilover setup gives much better spring control and is in direct connection to the spindle.

For those that are looking to lower their car and mostly driving on the street, the JRZ might arguably be overkill. But it's the best shock out there, hands down and I've tried almost every brand out there. The differences between the JRZ's and others is immediately apparent even on street driven car.

With respect to the number of adjustments and number of clicks, the marketing trend these days is more is better. But in the real world, I would prefer 5 clicks and 1 adjustment knob that work REALLY well, vs. 32 clicks, and 4 knobs that don't really make as much of a difference. At the end of the day, the proof is always in the laptime, and with the JRZ's we go faster and faster than all others.

I will see if Bryan@JRZ can chime in with some additional comments. One great things about owning JRZ shocks is the direct access the owners get to JRZ's top engineering staff in the USA. I can't tell you how many times I've called Bryan at 7:00am on a Sunday while on track and he gladly assists with setup and technical questions so we can maximize the performance from our setup.

Thank you ,

SA
Cobb ProTuner, Uprev ECU Flash, FCON Vpro, Haltech, Motec Certified

Last edited by Sharif@Forged; 01-13-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Sharif@Forged is offline   Reply With Quote