View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #450 (permalink)
Lug
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2006 350Z
Lug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuTinmuch View Post
What makes you think this? The car makes slightly more power, but it makes it in a pretty inefficient manner. It's also heavier.

I see it as a pretty close race, but I expect the Toyota to have better balance, especially considering the praise early drivers are tossing on it.
No one ever bitched about an RX8's handling, it's superb. As far as straightline acceleration, I was 1/2 joking. The RX8 will be a just a tiny bit quicker. I've seen reviews that put it at low 6's 0-60 and 1/4 mile at 14.5. This is close enough to be a driver's race. My main point is, other than looks, this car almost IS an RX8, just with a lot "new car buzz". Nobody's raving about the performance window of an RX8 and this car almost exactly matches it. I'd wait for a turbo model before I'd be interested.