View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Azroadster
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z Yellow 7sp
Azroadster is on a distinguished road

I agree that the steering lock assy should be recalled. I got my car fixed on Monday after waiting two weeks for the back ordered part. There are four iterations of the steering lock asembly. The number of the part is 47800JF00* with * = to A, B, C or D. The one that ends in D is the one that you want. The fact that they Nissan has gone thru four different part numbers tells me that they knew there were issues with it. At the very least there should be a TSB on the situation. I was lucky in that my Z is still under warrantee. I would be really pissed if I had to foot the bill for the repair. The part cost over $500. It looks to be really easy to replace, so if you are out of warrantee and can do so, just replace it yourself. It involves two bolts and a plug.

In my case the yellow Key light was lit and stayed lit until after it was towed to the dealer where they reset it. I would not start. Three days later it was on again, but the car started. The light once again stayed on the entire time until the dealer once again reset it. I assume that the first time the lock was on and would not disengage and that the second time it was NOT engaged. At any rate, Nissan should do the right thing and do a recall.

AZ