View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Mike@GTM
Not an active Vendor. DO NOT BUY

Drives: '13 Hot Lava FR-S
Mike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
Did any of you guys have issues getting to the wastegates post turbo install? Also, is it safe to assume I'm going to need to buy extra tubing? Hehe.

A friend linked me to a site that sells them at a good price, unless a vendor can do the same by sending me a PM.
It shouldn't be too hard to access the tubing. You can either do it from up top and remove the passenger side MAF pipe to access the vacuum line for the wastegates or do it from below.

To give you a better idea, check out page 76 of the instruction manual: http://www.gtmotorsports.com/Manuals...structions.pdf

You don't need a separate tee for this. Just plumb the mbc in line between the nipple on the turbo outlet pipe and the rest of the line that already has a tee in it going to the wastegates. You may want to use a vacuum coupler and extra 6mm vacuum line depending on where you want to mount the boost controller itself. Just make sure you account for the fact that the engine does rock around a bit and ensure that the vacuum line is routed away from any high heat sources, moving components and sharp edges. If the line ruptures, you will overboost. Keep an eye on your boost gauge.
Mike@GTM is offline   Reply With Quote