View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 02:53 PM   #29 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy'sz View Post
I understand the claim for creating power but when you have a surge in any electrical circuit it will be noticeable ( like with heavy bass music), the cap acts as a filter. Good luck with your experiment, I bet top dollar you throw the cap back on.
I need to get a new(er) cap anyways. The one I have is 1.2 farad. Looking to go from a 1200 watt amp to a 1000 watt, so thinking I might still be good. The cap itself has been holding strong (also from 04). But might update everything based on almost 10 years of electronic progress...

Heres the Amp: Kicker IX1000.1 (10IX1000.1) Mono Class D Car Amplifier

Does anyone have experience with the cap brands out there... Not too much to choose from off hand without knowing where to turn...

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote