View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #27 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy'sz View Post
Hey chris you should upgrade to a 2 farad cap for that much wattage being used. The reason your volt meter is dropping that much on a heavy base is because its depleting your capacitor plus drawing off the battery, bigger cap= more storage and less draw off the battery= smoother play...imho upgrade cap and amp. Also that is a good price on the sensors being that they are 115 a pop at the dealership. I would watch them like a hawk when they change them and then keep the old ones just incase.
I'm upgrading the amp, but probably going to remove the cap from the system since newer amps (my old one is from 04) are much more efficient with creating power = less draw. Or at least that's what they claim... We'll see.

Well here's a link to the eBay sale for anyone else that's interested...

2007-2011 NISSAN INFINITY TPMS Tire Pressure Sensor 4pc | eBay

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote