View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipsWithDips View Post
Lightweight wheels and tires are nice, but seriously "best bang for the buck" weight reduction? What are you smoking? How much did you pay for all 4 wheels and tires?

Best bang for the buck is removing uneccesary **** from the trunk etc. That's FREE.

After that pretty sure best bang for buck is a lightweight battery. Then maybe flywheel(~16lbs less rotational mass), lightweight underdrive pulleys(not much static weight saving, but losing rotational mass is nice).
Keep in mind the flywheel will make the car a bit less streetable, more difficult to smoothly go from a stop. Depends how tolerant you are of things like that.

If you get other power adding mods, keep in mind that some of these options often can save a bit of weight too, win/win situation.
Deleting cats by switching to longtubes or test pipes saves quite a bit of weight. I just got my longtubes installed, and when I get around to getting a catback, I plan on probably getting a single exit exhaust, to save a few extra pounds.

All the CF hoods I have seen actually WEIGH MORE THAN STOCK. Don't get that garbage with weight reduction in mind.

Anyways there's a whole weight reduction thread over here
Wheel/tire are best bang for the buck (remember you do not have to spend 4k on Volk/Advan to get less weight), but also wheel/tire combo do more than just weight. Balance, better grip, etc.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote