View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Mt Tam I am
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z T/S/N 6MT & XKE
Mt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseiturtle View Post
There's easy, then there's effective. Even dropping weight has a "cost", whether it's convenience or monetary. First off - Do you plan to drive the car everyday? Do you want it completely stripped out? Want to keep Air conditioning, radio, passenger seat ?

After you've established your goals, here we go: First, just take as much crap as possible out of your car. Second, prioritize UN-SPRUNG weight.

#1 in terms of bang-for-buck will likely be wheels. The sport wheels aren't terrible, but dropping to the smallest and lightest wheel, with the lightest (and stickiest) tire will make a huge difference. The michelin pilot Super Sport is not only one of the best all-round tires on the road, it's substantially lighter than one might expect. The "effect" of a single pound of UN-SPRUNG weight loss is arbitrarily considered to be 5-6 lbs of SPRUNG weight.

After that, go with the midset that 100lbs is worth about 0.1-0.2 seconds in a quarter mile. Determine what you can sacrifice, and go from there.
Unbelievably good tires. I can't say enough about them.
Nissan Motorsports 34R Oil Cooler. Stillen CBE. Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars. KW Variant 3 Coilover System. Stillen Gen3 CAI. Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Stillen Brake Ducts. Carbotech™ XP10/XP8 Pads. Z1 Front Rotors. Z1 Stainless Brake Lines. Two degrees of camber
Mt Tam I am is offline   Reply With Quote