Thread: UN...beLIEVable
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #48 (permalink)
Thechidz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nissan 370z Monti Bl
Thechidz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 280z/300zx View Post
Had the same thing happen to me this last summer. I was livid, so I understand how you feel. I too started looking for a used tailight but found that either people wanted similar money for a used light vs. new and that there just wasn't a huge selection of used taillights out there. Probably why people with them were charging so much.

I went through courtesynissan.com. I've used them for years with my 300zx and 280z. they are a nissan dealer in texas that sells factory parts for much cheapter than other dealers. My local dealer wantes near $500 for the light and I believe I got it through courtesy nissan for a little for $300, shipped. Don't remeber the exact cost, have the recipt at home. Point is they were the cheapest place to get it and pretty much the same price as others selling used.

Install wasn't bad. The hard part was removing the damn thing while trying not to scratch the pain. You have to lift and pull down at the same time. It's a tight fit so you are trying to tug on the housing and you know that as soon as it goes lose all your strength is just going to have you dragging the housing across the pain. I manged with only the slightest nick on the pain which isn't even visible once the new light was put in. Go to the DYI section and look under the tinted tail lights or rear fog light install or rear camera install. It will have step by step instructions with pictures on how to remove the housing. Took a total of 45min for me but I'd say half that time was spent just trying to be delicate in removal of the housing.
thanks for this post. I've seen some older threads where people have sold the pair for like $250 shipped, I'll just keep my eyes open as I'm not in a huge rush right now.

Thechidz is offline   Reply With Quote