View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
roy'sz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 nissan 370z
roy'sz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclemeaty View Post
After charging the car battery with a 1A trickle over night for about 10 hours, the battery measured 13.3v with my Fluke meter. Car running, it was at first measuring 14.5 but after about an hour of stop & go traffic the voltage dropped to 14.2. This is with AC on, but I left my stereo off for the maiden voyage.

I cannot be 100% convinced, BUT... The TPMS light STAYED OFF this morning after last night's charge. I'm maybe 50% convinced its the battery at this point, and will report as-it-goes.

*If it comes down to needing a new battery, what would be better than either an Optima Yelow or Red top?
The tpms system registers tire pressures after driving consistantly over 25mph for x amount of time. Look it up in your owners manual under the tpms section. Also I have heard that if your windows are tinted it interfears with your tpms system (personally think its a bogus statement, all of my cars were tinted and no tpms issues). My dads 350 just blew 3 sensors and they are the originals. 06 350z with 178000ish miles just a fyi. If it is extremely cold where your car sits it may have had bad batteries in your tpms sensor? mhop
roy'sz is offline   Reply With Quote