View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
dAvenue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: angry
dAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scionide View Post
I just rented one from autozone before, I think it was about a $50 deposit, return it when you're done and get your money back.
Cool...I didn't know they offered this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan
davenue- awesome!

yah, you can go to harbor freight and get one for like $20 but as scion mentioned, you can rent one too.

if you decide to buy one, get one that is low profile. i have a pretty chunky one that ive been using the last 10yrs or so. it works fine but at times i can't get the clamp between the coils without scuffing them up.
I'm interested in buying one for sure. I'm going to shoot for the low profile idea (great feedback btw) and buy the Harbor Freight compressor. I tried repping you for this but I gots to spread it around first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeOne
Since you have eibach springs, I would use the first one Kenchan posted. Otherwise you will have a hard time getting the compressor on and off the spring.
Good stuff. This just what I needed to know and confirmed it for me. I've been studying your DIY for like a week now and plan on using it to install these bad boys.

Thanks for the quality feedback, guys. I really appreciate it. After I get these babies installed, I'll post up the experience for all to see.