View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #79 (permalink)
Isamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: every day...
Isamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
Where did I say "exactly"?

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if a Chevy Cruze ($20K) with a hybrid driveline nowhere near as advanced as the car in the video, and with nowhere near as much concern for weight or distribution doubles the price in the form of the $40K Volt, that this NSX is going to be expensive as ****.

The Porsche 918, which uses VERY SIMILAR technology, corroborates this theory. So unless you think that $0.8 Million is going to turn into $100K just because it says "Acura" on the back instead of "Porsche", then be my guest.

I just don't think it's going to be anywhere NEAR affordable when compared to cars offering similar performance and quality/interior/etc.
dude. Im not saying it won't be expensive, but it won't be anywhere NEAR teh price of the 918... Cmike laid it out pretty much spot on

黒子 ('Kuroko')
Project: SuperNova Owner/Operator and Lead designer @BlackGuard Aeroworks
Isamu is offline   Reply With Quote