View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
ChipsWithDips
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '11 Gunmetal 370Z MT
ChipsWithDips has a spectacular aura aboutChipsWithDips has a spectacular aura about
Default First mod: PPE Headers... +35WHP

I've had these headers laying around for quite a while, and finally got a chance to get them installed and on the dyno.

I bought them second hand from another forum member. PPE headers are normally mild steel, but these were special ordered as stainless and ceramic coated. Then I had them wrapped with DEI Titanium wrap.
Pic of the headers after wrapping and before install(linked for hugeness)

Before and after dyno chart
Before: Stock
After: PPE Headers + UpRev tune
RunFile_005.drf: 86.47 °F 28.68 in-Hg Humidity: 46 % STD: 1.07
RunFile_019.drf: 68.51 °F 29.16 in-Hg Humidity: 30 % STD: 1.03
Final pulls done in 5th gear. These things showed decent gains across the board with peak gain of about 35WHP!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTMg54UXvx8
The pull in the vid was just in 3rd gear for tuning purposes.

As far as sound, I usually don't care too much about that sort of thing as long as it's not obnoxiously loud. I did notice a bit of rasp on cold starts, but seems to get better as the engine warms up. Standing oustide of the car during a pull, it was not too terribly loud, quieter than I expected actually. Of course I still have stock catback in place.

Before getting it on the dyno I was hoping for +20HP or so, though in the back of my head I thought maybe that was a bit optimistic. Needless to say these headers have far exceeded my expectations. The quality of fabrication and engineering that went into these headers is top notch, and I would recommend them to anyone else looking for the best for their car. Props to PPE for an awesome product.

Last edited by ChipsWithDips; 01-10-2012 at 05:22 PM.
ChipsWithDips is offline   Reply With Quote