View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #1659 (permalink)
Rooster89
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: fast
Rooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZeda View Post
I really like the SCAR and even though it is light I feel like I am shooting a super soaker that has been converted to fire .223.

My philosophy when it comes to a SHTF scenario is to have a rifle that is common and the ammo will be readily available (and you can carry a lot of it). The AR-15 definitlely fits that bill, and if you treat it right it is very reliable especially if you upgrade the bolt carrier to a FailZero. Plus with an AR-15 you can buy two and have one as a backup or ready parts collection for the same price as one of what you are considering.

If you don't mind not having a cool-looking, fancy assault rifle a couple Ruger Mini-14s would also be a great option.
The Mini-14 seems nice but I wouldn't give it the time of day due to the accuracy issues. I like being able to hit a target further than 100 meters. I don't like DI rifles because the obvious shortcomings are important to me.

And in a shtf scenario the higher maintenance required is a detriment in my mind. I really like the scar 17. I just wish it was cheaper.

And if the ACR was still the masada, I would be sold before I bought it.
Originally Posted by Shadoquad View Post
Rooster is a lot like Socrates, except with far more b*tches, far less manservants, and a powdery white mustache.
Rooster89 is offline   Reply With Quote