View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 09:10 AM   #1657 (permalink)
BlackZeda
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 19 Audi TT RS
BlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond repute

I really like the SCAR and even though it is light I feel like I am shooting a super soaker that has been converted to fire .223.

My philosophy when it comes to a SHTF scenario is to have a rifle that is common and the ammo will be readily available (and you can carry a lot of it). The AR-15 definitlely fits that bill, and if you treat it right it is very reliable especially if you upgrade the bolt carrier to a FailZero. Plus with an AR-15 you can buy two and have one as a backup or ready parts collection for the same price as one of what you are considering.

If you don't mind not having a cool-looking, fancy assault rifle a couple Ruger Mini-14s would also be a great option.
BlackZeda is offline   Reply With Quote