View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 11:11 AM   #13 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
Normal for ALL engines.
Really, all of them? I'm pretty sure my lawnmower still has a quart in it, and I've never changed it, added to it, or done anything to it since I bought it 5 years ago.

I figure with the amount of time it's ran, it's got a good 1000 miles worth of use out of it.

On a more serious note...

My 2005 Civic, bought it new off the lot with 150 miles on the odometer. Holds 3 quarts. Oil change interval is 6000 miles by manual. Runs on 5w20 oil. If what you're saying is true, that engine should be bone dry by the time oil change comes up. Since then, I've gone to 15K mile oil changes after the first one...guess what, it's not burned oil either. 70K on it now.

My 97 Ranger - hell, I change the oil when I feel up to to it, which isn't often. MAYBE once a year. I also put whatever oil I have laying around in it...140K miles / 5qt. I bought it with 48K on the odo. It's not burned any oil...

My 2006 Honda VTX 1300c, bought it with 8 miles on the odometer. It doesn't burn oil, got 14K on it now.

78 TBird (first car) - didn't burn oil. Had *at least* 230K miles on it.

82 Malibu, don't remember the mileage, but it also didn't burn oil.

87 cutlass, rebuilt engine, no burn oil.

94 saturn, bought it with 30K, didn't burn oil.

My Dad's 77 CJ-7 had well over 330K miles on it, and it didn't burn oil.

The only thing I have that burns oil is my weedwacker, and hopefully not, my Z.

Last edited by kannibul; 08-12-2009 at 11:13 AM.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote