View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #9957 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZForce View Post
Will be looking into some new pads soon, ok now with 35k mi on oem pads, starting to get some squeal thou. Is this due to wear, cold weather, or dust behind the pads? Thanks Ken for the info on endless, their products are top notch, you are always a wealth of good information and I enjoy reading your posts.

Throwing this out for some feedback. Are most seeing their rotors shot when the oem pads wear out? Reason in the 350Z 05-06 year models I ran thru the oem set of pads at 25kmi and had to replace the rotors also. With the 370Z having a much improved caliper and I imagine a different rotor. Is everyone having to replace both pad/rotor? Any feedback would be appreciated.
cold weather, dust, and wear grooves all contribute to squeaking but if you use the right pads and BrakeQuiet they should not squeak at all.

was your 350Z running Brembos? my G is the last model year that ran the Brembo's on our cars and the rotors have decent amount of wear grooves but the thickness was fine so i just bedded the endless pads in around 23K miles. no issue and plan to run it until the pads wear out. I usually swap rotors every other time the pads wear out. my G is currently around 29K miles.

imho those places that charge for turning the rotors scare customers by showing them the wear grooves like it's some serious issue. unless my calipers ate a rock or something showing catastrophic grooves (which i would just replace the rotors anyway) i just ignore the normal wear grooves and bed new pads in, replace the rotor next time.