View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 06:02 PM   #57 (permalink)
sojirovskensi
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Wh M6
sojirovskensi is on a distinguished road

I was lucky that I had a chance to get a ride with wind.zero's car about 2-3 weeks ago.
Once the car launched, first 1 second it goes like my z (310whp), but I could feel a great torque kicking in around 3.5~4k rpm. He did a couple of 40mph starting, and this time it was a totally different feeling from the beginning since he could launch from above 3500 rpm.
Throughout the first and second gear, I could hear somewhat unpleasant sound of S/C, but it was not that bad. I am sure that I will get used to it just like road noise from the stock 370z. Breathing sounds are awesome. I personally like it more than bov.

It seems very fun to drive as well as fun to ride in the passenger seat.
We were literally laughing all the time during the drive.
For those who may think S/C don't have enough torque to put you deep in the seat, but it was not true. It was as fun as a turbocharged car to me (like stock Evo/sti)

Overall, it was a great experience for me to decide to go with S/C stage 1 later on. I was debating between S/C and TT both stage 1, and I was very concerned of torque rather than horsepower. For me, who don't really go to track, S/C stage 1 will give me enough power to put a smile on my face.

It is very true that you will get used to the power within 2-3 weeks anyway.
For instance, I have a friend who used to have R35 HKS 600 kit with 650 awhp, and recently he is done with HKS 800 with 4.2L engine upgrade which now makes 960 awhp.
After 10 days of driving, he is thirsty of more power.

The point here is that, you will feel like wanting more power anyway.
Think of what you need your car for, but personally, s/c stage 1 sounds enough for me as a DD.

Last edited by sojirovskensi; 01-06-2012 at 06:05 PM.
sojirovskensi is offline   Reply With Quote