View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
TheOtherRob
Base Member

Drives: 2008 350z
TheOtherRob is on a distinguished road

Honestly I love the GT500. Its comfortable, fast as hell, and has not given me any trouble except the occasional 2nd gear grind. It was exactly what I was looking for in a car when I made the switch. I wanted something fast and cheaper to mod. One of the major reasons is I want a sports car with a lower payment. Right now even if I could save 100 a month I would do it just for the sake of it. We can afford to keep the car, but the mustang community lacks in many places where the Z community shines. I miss all the cruises and BBQ's with the south florida z club, and I actually miss my old z. Theres just something about the styling and feel of the car that the mustang lacks. And I have also come to realize that unless you drag race every weekend, 550hp really has no bearing on my way to work, and with having my law enforcement certification Im in no position to race on the street. Ive looked at every other 30k sports car and none of them do it for me like the Z. Maybe Im crazy because I know most here who leave the Z end up with the mustang due to the cheaper HP gains, but the Z has a special something the mustang just doesn't have. Even the salesman at the dealer kept commenting on how I was trading in his dream car for a Z. :/
TheOtherRob is offline   Reply With Quote