View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
jmg944t
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z SP/MT Yellow
jmg944t is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
No cage. That is going in this winter along with proper seats and harnesses. Last year it was stock seats and belts, but given how fast I was going that really wasn't a great idea. After seeing one of the other very experienced drivers crash his Cayman into the pit wall at 80 mph with stock belts I knew it was time for a safety upgrade.

As for the "Ice-mode" it occurs when you get front pad fade, causing the brake balance to go wildly rearwards and totally freaks out the ABS system. This is the reason I run the sintered pads and a biased front/rear setup. Running the same compound front and rear you have to be very careful to not apply full brake pressure until most of the forward weight transfer has occurred.
Chris,
After watching your Glen vids I can believe you drive like that with no harnesses! Not simply for safety but just staying in place must be pretty tough. Are you going for a cage or just a bar? If you want we can put our heads together and come up with a harness bar that goes in using the stock top anchor points and maybe one hole in the car. Its just as easy to build 2 as one. I think we are about 1/2 hour from each other.
jmg944t is offline   Reply With Quote