View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Mike
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 370z
Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg944t View Post
Mike, cooler brakes last alot longer. I only mention it because pads are expensive when they only last a couple of days!
Yeah, I know. I have been foolishly awaiting stillen's brake cooling kit for their bumper that I have. Now I have been thinking of some type of duct coming through the lower corners of the hood and down into the wheel well. My bumper design doesn't leave a lot of room to work with. FWIW, I run stoptech trophy brake system, and since the upgrade the only downside is the rapid pad wear in front.

Also, unlike most cars, when the stockers start to fade, you. Have very little warning, it's almost instantaneous. When I first got the car, I was on a 1.4 mile course and got a tiny hint of fade halfway around the track and immediately backed off and cooled down, barely touching the brakes til I entered the pits. Took about 30 yards to stop from 15mph, very scary.