View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

James, the fuel cut at the uphill in NH usually happens after you've straightened out, so no risk of spin. Very annoying though.

I tried the Hawk DTC-70 for WGI when I couldn't get hold of a set of sintered pads in time. The feel was good but they did overheat a bit towards the end, without ducting anyway. That will be one of my projects this winter. I would recommend that you try the CL Brakes RC6 compound front, RC5+ rear. Essex Racing carries them.

Are you looking for a tire that is going to make a bit of noise, i.e. a sticky street tire? I would probably recommend the RE-11's or Yoko AD08. The NT01 is a good intermediate tire but Hoosiers there isn't any grip for the first lap until things get warmed up a little - not available in 19" sizes anyway.

What is the project car? Sounds like a bit of a track monster if it is going to run in PA!