View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 09:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

The brakes on the Z can get really hot towards the end of a session, if you want your pads to last I would suggest using some form of brake ducting. I ran sintered pads to deal with the heat, nothing else could take it without either fading or wearing quickly. The sintered pads are more expensive but I got 5 weekends (11 days) out of a set before they were 2/3rds warn and relegated to the spares bin.

Don't know of a bolt in harness bar, doesn't seem to be many of us tracking the Z so not a high demand I guess. A custom harness bar might be the way to go in your case.

Oil cooler, go with the Z1 34 row Setrab setup. My setup blocks too much air to the radiator and is not ideal.

Fuel starvation will be an issue. You can go 1, maybe 1.5 20 minute sessions before having problems. At NHMS you'll get it at T4 going up the hill. A novice isn't going to encounter it as quickly as they are pulling less lateral G and not as heavy on the throttle mid corner.

What compound are you going to run on the stock wheels? You can fit up to a 275 front, 305 rear ideally.