View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 12:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg944t View Post
How are the Carbotech brake pads? The car will be trailered to the track so it doesnt matter if they are streetable. You didn't feel it is needed to add brake cooling? Bringing gas isn't a problem I was just hoping to not miss 5 minutes of track time pulling into the pits and filling up. Its times like that when you are in a hurry and dumb things happen.
The xp8's, IMO, are fine both on track and streetable as well. My wife is actually the track rat, I'm just the "crew chief" (cervical & lumbar spinal injuries and a TBI etc etc). She's been doing HPDEs for a few years now and her feedback is the xp8s are fine on track with her braking style. We're considering moving up the xp10s at some point but I'd rather add brake ducting first. Unfortunately, there's no "off the shelf" solution yet, if there was, it'd be on our car already.

The carbotechs have been wearing extremely well and while they dust, it's non corrosive so our wheels still look brand new after a nice wash. We both have a very high tolerance for brake squeal etc, so I consider them total fine for daily driving etc.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote