View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
jmg944t
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z SP/MT Yellow
jmg944t is on a distinguished road
Default Basic but mandatory track mods help needed.

Ok, I just bought a 09 SP MT with 15K in Chicane Yellow. It will be going to the track BUT I am not trying to turn this car into a track monster as it is my weekend car and I have another dedicated track car project in the works. I have alot of track time and I am fast, here is the rub. I am going to be letting my wife take this car to the track. SOoooo... I need to make the car capable enough to keep me happy for a season or two without making it so on edge that my wife puts it into a wall. Also safety is a priority, I won't put my wife in a car that has any chance of fuel starving, cooking brakes and does not have proper harnesses. She's hot and I can't damage her

So I am looking for solutions to known problems- I have read alot on this board but I still can't find an actual solution to fuel starvation. This car will be double stinted so filling up before run groups would be a problem.

Brake cooling- I know I need new pads, fluid and cooling, What pads are guys using who switch pads for the track? Does anyone have a good method for getting air in there yet?

I can't find a harness guide bar for the car. Someone has gotta make one right?

What is the most recommended oil cooler out there?

Am I missing anything? Weakness' I know about are brake temp, oil temp, fuel starvation. What else can I expect? Oh and what size tires are guys running on stock wheels? I'm planning on different street wheels so I'll use the stockers for the track.

Thanks for reading and the help if you have it, I am looking forward to getting on the track with the car, and getting the misses out there. I hope I don't regret that one.
jmg944t is offline   Reply With Quote