View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 01:18 AM   #15 (permalink)
armensti
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z/Tring/Spt/6MT
armensti is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru_Asiatik View Post
watch out for those poles man !!! :P
*inside joke OP knows what im talking about lol*
yeah but if you dont go crazy nothing would happen. its not that far from where you live at. do you want to go give it a try ? if you do pm me and we will meet up

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
seems like teh grip got turned down bc the sun was shinin right on the surface n that kinda makes the essential oils in the asplahlt kind of seep up so it makes the surface slick. thas proly why you slid a bit. if u see in nascar races they spray coke on the pit stalls cuz when it dries it gets sticky n helps em grip, bc the sun makes the surface seep essential oils which are the slickest oils u can slip on.

there is no sun light. its completely underground so sun cant get to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
The Z's traction (like any car) is dependent on the road surface. Some parking lots have a rubbery coating that gets slick when moist. Indoor lots sometimes have a layer of dust that will make things more slick as well. Finally, cold tires are much more slippery than warm tires which also may have played a role.
there is no dust down there at all. the parking lot is supper shiny and its not moist at all. its completely dry.

ill see if tru_Asiatik wants to come with me to the lot and we will probably make few videos. if he doesnt then ill just go with my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoady4shoady View Post
Be careful not to mess your car up man.
thnx bro but i dont think much can happen at 5mph. i mean the car just slides even if you just turn your wheel to the left or right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
I do it all the time when there aren't cars around. I for one don't see anything wrong with testing the car out in a safe environment

Lol M4A1 that was so annoying to read.
its not really a safe environment tho lol there are so many poles but as long as your careful i think you should be ok

the speed bumps are the worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahfz View Post
concrete sealer/primer? I coated my old garage with the rustoleum stuff (had sprinkles too!) and it was fairly slick, but shiny.

I have a friend that messed up an 88SS body by doing that.... nailed a curb hard sideways.
no sprinkles but its supper shiny. its so weird because its the only parking lot that i have been inside that does this.
armensti is offline   Reply With Quote