Thread: Z Broke Down :(
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 12:51 AM   #149 (permalink)
Valentino
Enthusiast Member

Drives: SOLD 09,370z,M6
Valentino has a reputation beyond reputeValentino has a reputation beyond reputeValentino has a reputation beyond reputeValentino has a reputation beyond reputeValentino has a reputation beyond reputeValentino has a reputation beyond reputeValentino has a reputation beyond reputeValentino has a reputation beyond reputeValentino has a reputation beyond reputeValentino has a reputation beyond reputeValentino has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear what happened to you Lou(I just found this thread). From reading all the posts. do you and Rick have oil coolers?, do you think the cause of oil burning, is the high temp oil reaches in the engine? causes to damage oil seal's and other internal parts?

people who are having this issue. how often do you hit the rev limiter or close to the limit? hitting the rev or high revving causes oil to burn.

Do any of the forum member that have oil cooler have the same issue?

I'm going to keep my eye on my oil level from now on. and an oil cooler is on top of my list for this car. weather its the problem or not. seeing this high oil temp doesn't make me conformable.

P.S. if the solution was keeping the oil temp low by adding an oil cooler. and you already burring oil. adding an oil cooler won't help it to stop. coz the damage already happened.

Last edited by Valentino; 08-12-2009 at 01:03 AM.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote