View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #29 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmacist View Post
ouch! why would that be the case?
It was explained to me right before they cranked the NEW one on the show-room floor for me at the dealership. I begged them not to, literally, because I know how new cars smell. They did it anyway. Loud as hell when the guy revved it, and blasted new-car baking off exhaust odor throughout the entire BMW dealership. I was astounded that they would do that for someone who had point-blank told them they would NOT buy the car.

Anyway, I forgot the entire reasoning behind it, but it's normal and okay, however, it does cause quite a few calls/visits to the service dept. they claim. The best way to describe it is think of a push-rod V8 with all 16 rockers being loose a few turns.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote