Thread: New Wheel Pics
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #61 (permalink)
bullitt5897
Premium Member

Drives: Twin Turbo Z34
bullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Fitment View Post
To put everything to rest and put this thread back on track since it's unfair to the OP. We will start a new thread with images and videos of actual weights of components, hardware, cut forgings, raw forgings, tricks of the trade to have wheels appear lighter on a scale, and put real wheel weights into perspective for the community.

There are wheel companies on this forum that claim to unrealistic wheel weights and we find it unfair that a person seeking a light weight wheel is bamboozled by trickery, and illusions in order to move a product.
Strasse Has not posted any unrealistic numbers and have always been up front on their wheel weights.

For Example: (I posted this earlier with a retraction of a statement I made.)

No one in this thread is trying to be deceptive. Blaine weighed his wheels on his scale at home it came up 17lbs... his scale most likely is a little lean. I posted up similar wheels in size and the weights are close... I Have measured my previous set of 20's in mesh 10" width and 12" width and they were both under 25lbs... Some of the lightest wheels I have ever held! So to divert this back on topic again.

CONGRATS BLAINE!!!! and HAPPY on your new wheels!
Shop Cars: 2013 318whp Nismo VspecII 370z *SOLD*, 2009 1000hp+ 93oct 4.0L TT 370z Fast Intentions STAGE 4 #054
bullitt5897 is offline   Reply With Quote