View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #137 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
I thought about upgrading pads, but I agree with this. When I get my 370Z, it will stay OEM pads. Why? because the brake-pads are just fine with the rest of the car. If you want to SERIOUSLY track it, from what I understand:

Oil cooler
Different diff
Different rotors
Different pads
Brake ducting
Upgrade brake-fluid

etc.etc.etc.

The 370Z is not my Z06. It's not an all-out track effort. It's meant for people like me who will have some fun with it through the twisties, and do an HPDE every now and then just to enjoy the atmosphere and BS with friends and learn a little something.

I have come to appreciate that concept a lot more, having now owned a no BS track-ready-from-the-box car. You can't have it all. Not for under $100K. Start getting into the AMG BLACK series cars and the like, and you can...but that's not germane to the discussion.

I just put ceramics on my Infiniti G20 and love them. Good on Nissan, I think. The no-dust even from my cheap pads on my G20 is astounding. That car dusted the rims BAD with the OEM brake pads.
/\ the ones in red above aren't requirments imo, I agree with the rest of the list tho, and also the fact that for street driving, stock pads are fine.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote