View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #20 (permalink)
Mike
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 370z
Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Fitment View Post
The silicone OZ and we use is the same so it will hold under heat but it's not recommended. A $9 tube of silicon and an extra 10-15 mins cleaning and adding the silicon is not worth the headaches of waking up to a flat and having to due the whole process all over again.

Gio
Actually, I would have done that, but I just couldn't get the two halves apart. Tire Rack told me its was extremely difficult for them to do also when they rebuild them and suggested I just leave them. Not saying its ideal at all, and I wouldn't do it for a paying customer (they have to disassemble and reassemble if they want them coated), but they have held up fine for 3 years now.