View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 06:31 AM   #29 (permalink)
Alchemy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to acquire tickets
Alchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
No kidding. Drove the Z06 today. 43* out based on the external temp. 1st gear was utterly useless. 12" contact patches mean nothing on F1 GEN 2 tires with and LS7 in 43* weather. At about 2000 rpm gently rolling into it I lost traction completely. Short shift to second. Continued. had to back out of it (from about 2500rpm, lol) and just accept that I was NOT going to get ahead of the vehicle I was trying to merge in front of. I felt like such a failure in a 500hp car not able to merge at 50mph (I gave up at about 30mph or so when I saw I was going NOWHERE) in front of a jeep.

I always drive with this kind of thing in mind until I see a 3psi or so increase in the tires. Our TPMS shows us individual tire PSI and it is very useful as a rough diagnostic for when you can play a little.

Oh...sharp turn in a parking-lot at wheel-lock the entire front end was shaking and vibrating and the car resonated with the phenomena OP mentioned. It's normal, even in supercars.

*The girl at Nissan who is working with me told me the 370Z had a TPMS read-out for individual tires. I don't own it yet, so I have not fiddled with it, but I could NOT find it during the test-drive. I doubt it exists "normally", but is there a way to crack it? I know on the mustangs 99-04 you could get them to display engine RPM digitally, ACTUAL oil-pressure, and all that through the Info center on the dash if you followed a procedure. 370Z have anything like that?
I have an 09 and it does not have individual read outs for each tire. Not sure if this was changed for later models.