View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #21 (permalink)
TreeSemdyZee
Premium Member

Drives: '09 370 & ‘14 Juke
TreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
If you've never driven on summer tires before, be sure to be very careful with them when it's really cold out. When you first start the car up in the morning when it gets really cold they can be pretty dangerous. Your stopping distance will increase tremendously (almost as if you're on ice) and emergency turning will be nearly impossible until the tires can warm up some. Usually it takes 10-15 minutes of regular driving before the tires are warmed up enough to where you're at really safe levels of grip for emergencies, but even then you need to be careful.
And DO NOT try to drive the Bridgestones on snow. They WON'T go anywhere. First year I had mine, I had to drive a rental until my snow tires came in. Got mega-stuck.
TreeSemdyZee is offline   Reply With Quote