Thread: air intake
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 07:17 PM   #87 (permalink)
Pushing_Tin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: E63 AMG
Pushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
Yeah, All I said is the longtubes like the Stillen are making the most power. So far this has been the case over and over so the criticism, as you call it, isnt unfounded. Just remember its not personal. I have nothing against being proven wrong in fact I welcome it.

I don't see what I said that may have made me seem arrogant here, I just wrote my opinion about non-CAI intakes on this car. I think power on this car is HUGELY affected by temperatures, intake temps included. Not because the car is unsafe with hotter air, but because the ECU has been programed to keep a wide margin of safety when higher temps are detected.

If the R2C produces good results, then awesome, add it to the list of good intakes for the car, I dont see why we have to do this on every damn thread..can't say anything anymore without someone getting offended.
It was this post that got me going:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
not to sound like a douche but so far all other intakes I've seen produce about 1/5 the power that the Stillen G3's produce. What I'm trying to say is, if you care about performance, anything other than the G3s are a waste of time.
I'm not offended at all, in fact not much offends me. That said, I think since you know nothing about them calling them a waste of time is a bit premature. That's all, nothing personal RCZ, I know you've been very helpful here.

Besides these threads would be boring without some give and take.
Pushing_Tin is offline   Reply With Quote