View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 08:38 AM   #297 (permalink)
bdl99
Base Member

Drives: Nissan GT-R 2011
bdl99 is a jewel in the roughbdl99 is a jewel in the roughbdl99 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by finsfanscot View Post
Hello Brian,

I just ordered the kit for the 2012 remote/roadster. While looking through the owners manual (does anyone else actually read these?), I see the voice controls are disabled when the top is down. I understand because of noise why this makes sense, but if stopped at a light, wind noise shouldn't be a problem. Is there a way to modify your kit to remove this restriction? Maybe it is already done, but appears no one has asked/talked about it.

Thanks!
Someone else did ask the same question and I did a little research and found the wires probably required are not within the same connector, so not currently possible to modify the existing kit.

If there was enough interest I could see what I could do. The problem is every connector seems to be different and sourcing in small quantities is always difficult and then of course the research required to come up with the required circuit which really requires access to a donor car.

If there is a roadster owner in the central NJ area then drop me a PM.
bdl99 is offline   Reply With Quote