View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 10:25 AM   #75 (permalink)
bvl
Enthusiast Member

Drives: MB Roadster (sold)
bvl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasengan View Post
actually he couldn't be any more correct, a sedan by definition is an automobile with 2 rows of seating and that's exactly what a G37 vert is - a convertible 2 door sedan
Exactly. The G is civilized but I don't think its really cross shopped with the ZR. Lexus yes.

The G is *very* heavy, longer, has more interior space, mechanical HT...its a top down grand touring platform. I would take one over a Lexus, but that is my personal opinions.

Roadsters as defined, are of the 2 seat top down ilk. Historically roadsters lacked a permanent top. I was not born in the era where some 2 seaters had removable tops and such (Jag, MG, others I suspect).

Modern definition is a bit more relaxed, but its the Miata/MX-5,ZR, Solstice, Boxster (arguably) etc...the ZR to me is porky but I come from the land of 2100 lb roadsters so I like lightness.

Comments about a cars gender demographics and/or the drivers sexual preference may make you feel special inside but they lack intelligence and sometimes expose latent insecurities.

I've heard it all. I drove a yellow MX-5 for 13 years. Still miss that car. If you love to drive, you really should own a well sorted miata at some point in your life. I'm not a chick. I'm not a hair dresser. I don't like dudes (in that way). Just a DINKWAD with an engineering degree that can find the goodness in any sporting vehicle cause its fun. Regardless of who you are or what you do, if you like driving and are driving a fun car that's all that matters to a car nut.

- b
bvl is offline   Reply With Quote